Saturday, October 18, 2014

Value Study


 

I'v read in about a million different sources that you should do a value study before diving into a painting with color. Historically, values tend to be my greatest weakness. I've spent 12 hours working on an image just to stand back and realize everything's a dark grey, aside from a puddle of white near the bottom that draws your attention away from the focus. Basically  I'm trying to get my shit together.

I'm super jazzed about how this is turning out so far. I'm toying with the idea of using it on a business card once it's done, even though my hair is going to grow out  a lot faster than I can hand out cards. I don't actually have a business, and I'd have to leave my apartment to hand out business cards (very unlikely), but I've been told that I should have them, and I do like the idea of having a bunch of wallet sized cards with my face and contact info on them. Maybe I could use them to hit on people?






No comments:

Post a Comment